Welcome to another cracker of a Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s this year at Stromlo Forest Park!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
…video briefing coming soon…
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
About The Venue
Venue and Entry – Important: Uriarra Rd, Stromlo ACT 2611 – Western Carpark – Note: we are not based at the main Stromlo car park! – Access the event centre via Uriara Road – CLICK HERE FOR EXACT GOOGLE LOCATION of satellite car park.
Event Centre – up the fire road (see parking instructions below and follow signage) at the track start of Double Dissolution.
- Plenty of onsite parking – follow the orange signs from the Western carpark up into the adjoining fire roads.
- Stromlo Forest Park has permitted us to park people inside the gate and so we will parallel park on the side of the following fire roads near the event hub: North South Link, Forest Trail and Reservoir Link Track. Fire roads will be two way so park carefully to ensure the road remains open for vehicles to depart at the end of the day.
- If you do not intend to stay for the entire day please park outside the gate in the Western Car Park and/or along Uriarra Rd. Please follow the directions of the parking marshals.
Confirming 4 tracks for all – A huge thanks to the Iconic Trails crew for the ongoing maintenance. Click below for race map and track descriptions:
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section. From now on, this is where we will drop all the race-specific info and we’ll be sending a reminder out via this Rider Briefing ahead of the race too:
Destination Guide – Plan your Trip!
Make this a weekend getaway to the Capital with us! Did you know that Rocky Trail will host four race weekends in Canberra this year? You’ll find all the accommodation deals and What’s On in our special Destination Guide for #rockytrailracers as part of our Rocky Trail Explorer platform!
- Fox Factory Australia – our headline sponsor will be on-site with a massive expo of Fox, Marzocchi, Raceface and Easton Cycling products!
- Bikecorp will be exhibiting a big range of brands
- Fantic Bikes will provide an eBike demo all weekend
- DHaRCO will be in the house with their shredders and huge range of clothing
- Crofto Clothing will exhibit and offers 20% off for #rockytrailracers on the weekend
- Rola VBR will be at the event creating stories and content – cheers!
- ACT Cancer Council SunSmart Station
- VMG Bikes display
- TrailView Cycles check out the resale offersCri
- Looking for one ramp all ages – we have a full display on site from Jigsaw Jumps
- Food: The crew from SoomSoomKItchen will be on site all weekend for your hunger needs!
- Coffee: Little Batty Coffee ready to take your 1st order from 7am both days.
- Registration Tent with live timing, merch and race info
- Random prize draw plus giveaways
- Neutral bike support by Bike’n’Shocks in case of a mechanical
- Mountain bike equipment displays and demonstrations
- Music and live race updates
- Professional First Aid
- Last minute bike issues – see the crew from Bike N Spokes
Crisp mornings and sunny conditions during the day. don’t forget to bring plenty of water and sunscreen will be available from the ACT Cancer Council Sunsmart Station.
Superflow® Race Format, pick Sat or Sun as race day.
4 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- Special Edition 4 tracks , gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer and MTB Direct
- Racing is spread over 2 days, you choose what day you race.
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
Early registration will be available across the weekend.
- Saturday racers can collect race plates from 3pm Friday
- Sunday racers can collect race plates from 3pm Saturday.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.