Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Silvan MTB Park!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at email@example.com (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
We thank the crew at Vic Parks and the local Yarra Ranges MTB club who endorse our event this year.
Important race info
First Things First
Venue Address: Silvan Trail Head, Georges Road, Olinda VIC, Australia (Click for Directions).
Event Centre: New location for 2023 – accessed from Olinda Creek Road into Track 13.
We have been granted a special exemption to host our event within the breathtaking National Park. This unique opportunity allows us to celebrate in the heart of nature’s beauty. However, it comes with a responsibility to protect the park’s wildlife and natural environment.
To ensure the success of our event and the preservation of this pristine area, we kindly request that all participants adhere to the following permit conditions:
- No Dogs Are Allowed on Site: In accordance with park regulations, please leave your furry companions at home or make arrangements for their care outside the event area. This policy is in place to protect both wildlife and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees.
- Leave No Trace: We are committed to the “Leave No Trace” principles, which emphasize responsible outdoor ethics. Please join us in maintaining the park’s natural beauty by following these guidelines:
- Event format: Superflow® Race Format, pick Sat or Sun as race day.
- Weather – Clear skies both days. Sat 17c to 23c with coll change coming through for Sunday racing 7c to 15c.
- Water – Please bring your own supplies, we will have emergency water only as no potable water available on site.
- Waste – Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site. Please sort rubbish into the waste bins and recycle bins.
- Parking – Plenty of onsite parking along track 13 available. Please follow the directions of our crew/marshalls.
- Camping – no camping available at Silvan.
- Event Photos – Keen for a photo? CHECK WITH THE CREW FOR THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
This weekend 3 Fox Superflow tracks are operating:
- Fox – FOX track is the full length of “Temple of Zoom”. 1.4km and drops 140m
- Stans – STANS track shares the start with FOX and LAZER heads down Melba Track before cutting onto a section of “Twisted Sister” for about 100m before cutting again onto the descending section of “Bakers Dozen”. 1.4km long and drops 140m.
- Lazer – Lazer track also shares the same start with FOX and STANS and drops into “Downhill#4” for it’s full length. 1.4km long and drops 130m
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section.
- Food, Coffee and cold drinks –
- No event is complete without awesome coffee, epic food and plenty of cold refreshments!
- Its time for Coffee – grab hot/cold drink or just a snack
- Dumpling Van and Crispy potatoes
- Bike Support by COG Bikes Australia
- Feeling sore or tight? Get in early and book a onsite session with Em from Mobile Osteo Services (Sat only)
- Insurance – FLIP coverage available for juniors and seniors – discount code ROCKYFLIP
- LEATT Australia on site with lots of bargains
- Check out the cool merch from QLD supplier Shredding Trails
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Superflow® Race Format, full weekend of racing available. Pick your race day Saturday OR Sunday.
Fox Superflow® Classic Format: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer.
- Racing is all weekend .
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total.
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Have you got your insurance sorted for the day? You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
We are currently restocking our merchandise t-shirt and jersey offering – still some sizes available, check with the event staff on the day!
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($55-$85)
- Limited stock : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25 *new designs available*
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.