Welcome to the 2023 VIC Season Opener for the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Red Hill!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
- Virtual Rider Briefing
- Event Sponsors
- Important race info
- About The Venue
- Race Format
- Race Guide
- General Race Information
- Rider List And Live Results:
- Event Updates During The Race/Weekend:
- Event Photos:
- #ROCKYTRAILRACER #FOXSUPERFLOW
- Volunteers Welcome
- Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
- Any questions?
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
About The Venue
Arthurs Seat State Park offers over 20 kilometres of single-track mountain biking in the Mornington Peninsula – widely known as RedHill MTB Park.
The event hub and parking is accessed from Boundary Road. The entry gate is approximately 100m west from the shops. Look for the Rocky Trail flags when approaching the area. The north entrance car park is small and has limited parking. Travel further down the road and enter into the large open paddock. This area is closer to the Event Hub (see image below).
Click below for race map and track descriptions:
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section. From now on, this is where we will drop all the race-specific info and we’ll be sending a reminder out via this Rider Briefing ahead of the race too:
Event Expo – see Event Services Tab
- Come and try the new range of jigsaw jumps across the weekend.
- Capped Out will be on site with their epic range of custom stem caps, bolts and clothing.
- Mobile Osteopathy – Ema will be there to help with any sore spots. Book in for a consultation post race.
- Any bike issues on the day, see the team from Rye Bike Shop to get you rolling again.
- The local bike shop Chainbrain will be open and operating across the weekend with store and marquee setup in the Event Hub. Stop and say hi to the crew.
- Need bike wash products – check out the Krush tent for all the supplies.
- Check out the latest cool gear and grab a bargain at the Reckless Store marquee.
- 299Bikes are stocked with the latest 2023 designs.
Cool temps with a small chance of light showers early Saturday then clearing. A low of 10c to high of 18c.
Superflow® Race Format
3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer.
- Racing is spread over 2 days, you choose what day you race.
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
Superflow® + Sunday PRO Stage
4 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- For this Season and at selected venues across all States and the ACT there will be an additional – technically more challenging – 4th PRO STAGE on the Sunday with full face requirement for Elites, U21 and Masters!
- This race offers the PRO Stage classification, this means:
- You will get a 3-stage Superflow® in your age group.
- You will get an ADDITIONAL 4th PRO stage result. This is available on the Sunday only. If you wish to do the PRO Stage you select Sunday as your race day.
- PRO Stage requires a full face helmet.
- More info here.
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
Rider List And Live Results:
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.