Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Glenwood State Forest in Orange – the NSW Series Finale!
Attention: Track Changes, Friday 8pm – see below
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
We thank the Orange City Council for their support and the local Orange MTB club who endorse our event.
Important race info
First Things First
Glenwood State Forest, Lidster NSW – Vehicles will access via Alf Meyers Way off Cargo Rd.
- The NEW Event Hub will be located at the mid point on Goat Hill Rd. Early bird parking will be between the Event Hub and Track starts, overflow parking will be available below the Event hub. We have plenty of fire roads available, with a little walk up to the Hub.
- To get there, head out of Orange on Cargo Road until you get to the Alf Meyers Way turnoff on your left. Continue along Alf Meyers Way following the signs – see direction here
- Parking will be on the Goat Hill Rd and Alf Meyers Way parallel on the right side (heading down) only, with areas set aside for cars to pass. An area will be allocated at the event hub to allow cars to turn around.
- Marshals will be on hand to assist with parking to ensure the roads are not blocked at anytime.
- Event format: Superflow® 2-day Race Format, you may clock in times all weekend, timing chips are active Sat and Sun. You may still clock in all your race times on one day. The timing system is set up for either – we’re offering this special edition at Orange with two days of racing to accommodate the elevation and allow riders to spread their race runs across both days.
- Friday: Rocky Trail Academy is happening on the Friday, racing finishes at 1:30pm. Please check out their race track map, if you arrive early. They have shorter tracks. Tracks are free to ride from 1:30pm – chat to our crew on-site when you get there if you have any questions.
- Weather – Bit cloudy on Saturday, 11-26c; chance of rain increasing by Sunday afternoon, 11-23c,
- Water – Please bring your own supplies, we will have emergency water only as no potable water available on site.
- Waste – Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site. Please sort rubbish into the waste bins and recycle bins.
- Camping – no camping available at this venue. Please see our Rocky Trail Orange destination guide for all the accommodation options available. Canobolas Caravan Park would be the closest campground/caravan park in town.
- Event Photos – Keen for a photo? CHECK WITH THE CREW FOR THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
This weekend 3 Fox Superflow tracks are operating – updated Friday, 8pm
- Fox – Starting at the Event Hub course runs down “Don’t Believe the Hype”. Because of recent logging, we decided to re-routed the bottom of the trail slightly to flow into into “Travs” and then finishing on “Freak on a Leash” – now very close to the Stan’s Track Finish. Length 1.9km dropping 230m
- Stans – Starting at the top of “Trail of Awesomeness” course breaks to the right down “Magic Mushroom”. Length 1.6km dropping 190m
- Lazer – Sharing a start with STANS the course stays on the upper “Trail of Awesomeness”. The track has been shortened from 3.9km to 2.3km descent. This change was made after rider feedback, mainly around the untimed ride back to the top of the hill. That way we believe you’ll be able to enjoy so much of the goodness on the top of that Trail of Awesomeness more often. The risk of catching riders and having impact on race times would be decreased also. All three race tracks now finish along the same fire road too. Length 2.3km dropping 190m
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section.
- Food, Coffee and cold drinks – Great coffee and snacks by the Colorado Coffee Crew. Food truck organised for refreshments, snacks and lunch. Hotdogs and Burgers on the menu from 10am.
- Bike Support: The friendly crew from Bike & Shocks on site both days
- Insurance – FLIP coverage available for juniors and seniors – discount code ROCKYFLIP
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Superflow® Race Format, full weekend of racing available. Timing chips are active Saturday AND Sunday. – Note, you may clock in all your race times on either day as well.
Fox Superflow® racing: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer.
- Racing is all weekend .
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total.
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
Plan your trip – Destination Guide
- Please note that there is no appropriate or safe space for camping at the Event Hub, which is set up along a fire road. Please click through to our Rocky Trail Orange destination guide for all the accommodation options available.
- We have a special 10% discount at the Best Western Ambassador Hotel. The 10% code is “ROCKY”. Book via https://ambassador-orange.com.au/
- Canobolas Caravan Park would be the closest campground/caravan park in town.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Have you got your insurance sorted for the day? You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
We are currently restocking our merchandise t-shirt and jersey offering – still some sizes available, check with the event staff on the day!
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($55-$85)
- Limited stock : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25 *new designs available*
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.