Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Nerang, the QLD Series Finale for 2023!
Welcome to the final Round of the QLD Superflow 2023 season.
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
A Special thanks to WeTheRiders QLD Season Sponsor
Important race info
First Things First
Event Centre: Nerang National Park – Hope Street Nerang QLD (click for directions). Address: 8 Hope St, Nerang QLD 4211, Australia
Bathed in sunshine from the ocean to the hinterland, the Gold Coast is Australia’s best known and loved beachside city. Only 12km from Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Nerang National Park is home of one of the trail networks of the Gold Coast MTB Club.
- Weather – Summer is coming low 13c high 23c. Great racing conditions
- Water – Please bring your own supplies, onsite taps are located near the toilet block
- Waste – Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site.
- Event Photos – Keen for a photo? CHECK WITH THE CREW FOR THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
- Camping – This is a public facility and therefore camping is not permitted. Check out our destination guides for information on where to stay near by.
- Parking –
- Limited onsite Vehicle parking is allowed along the outside edge of the crit track. Please follow the directions of the event crew when arriving.
- Overflow parking is along Hope Street and local streets. Please ensure you park legally and don’t block any driveways. Parking inspectors are known to visit the area.
- Please make sure your vehicle is parked considerately and does not impact access to the event center or trails.
- See details below for parking.
This weekend 3 Fox Superflow tracks are operating both days with the added PRO track on Sunday only.
- Fox – Starting at the far end of “Baileys” not dropping onto “Elevator but continuing on “Baileys” to drop into “BnB’s. Track is 1.6km long and descends 100m of vertical.
- Stan – Starting from the near end of “Baileys” and traversing parallel to the road before crossing the road to drop into the end of “Explosions”. Track in 1.3km and descends approx. 70m of vertical.
- Lazer – Starting at the same place as STANS, LAZER will descend Three Hills then descend Comms Games 1 fun stuff to the event hub. Track is 2.2 km long with over 130m of vertical drop
- MTB Direct PRO Stage (Sunday only) – Inspired by the Gold Coast MTB Club and their track at the 2022 GE state champs the Pro track will start next to the FOX track but drop down the “Yarranye” fire road using water bars and benches to add technicality. It will finish on the link through to “Happy Valley” for an easy lap back to the starts. Remember full face helmets are compulsory. MTB Direct track is 1km long and drops 110m of vertical.
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section.
- Food, Coffee and cold drinks –
- Bike Support only available Sunday. Emergency supplies at the rego desk.
- Insurance – FLIP coverage available juniors and seniors
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Superflow® Race Format, full weekend of racing available . This event offers the PRO Stage on the Sunday in addition.
Fox Superflow® Classic Format: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
Superflow® PRO Stage Format: 4 TIMED Tracks (ie, one additional one to the 3 stages), 5 runs, Fastest on each counts. You get the Pro Result in addition to the 3-stage classic format. More info & Pro Format FAQ’s here…
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer, plus an additional 4th Pro Track for this event.
- Racing is all weekend .
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total plus PRO (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
This is the QLD Series Finale – check out the awesome we have for First, Second and Third in the Series Points Score. Two and more races count towards the score and the trophy package includes (1) a customised Dirtsurfer Mudguard in the QLD Design and (2) and a matching custom Rocky Trail Race Plate with an active timing chip, ready to be raced. Your personal number is reserved for you and you can race with this race plate – see you at the start line in 2024!
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Have you got your insurance sorted for the day? You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New Petrol blue colour range for 2023 : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.