Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Mt Taylor
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at email@example.com (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
First Things First
Venue Address: Mount Taylor Mountain Bike Park, Lookout Rd, Mount Taylor VIC 3875, Australia (Click for Directions).
Event Centre: The event hub is located at Mt Taylor MTB Park on Lookout road. Best access is via Bullumwaal Road.
- 2-day Event format: Timing chips active all weekend with option to race both days, Pro Stage on the Sunday only. You may still complete all your race runs in one day, if you wish. We are offering the two days to accommodate the relatively “sharp” elevation at Mt Taylor.
- Weather – Forecast for Friday is clearing showers, then clear and sunny for the weekend. Crisp mornings with highs of 15-17 deg. The Gippsland has received a lot of rain with some rural road closures but all major roads are open. The tracks will be running mint for the weekend HERO dirt from top to bottom.
- Water – Please bring your own supplies, we will have emergency water only as no potable water available on site.
- Waste – Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site.
- Event Photos – Keen for a photo? CHECK WITH THE CREW FOR THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
- Parking – Plenty of onsite parking available near the event hub with overflow along Lookout Road.
- Camping – Onsite is available, no showers only portaloos. Please email or text Jo if you are camping for the weekend so we can gain an idea of numbers. Text 0424955332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This weekend 3 Fox Superflow tracks are operating both days with the added PRO track on Sunday only.
- Fox – The “All Mountain Trail” from Goodes Track has some serious flow. Length 2.0km Vert. 150m
- Stan – “The Flow” shares a start with FOX and you will enjoy the variety. Length 1.7km Vert.150m
- Lazer – Starting on Goodes Rd and hitting “Time to Drop” and the “Tip Run” to finish in the event hub. Length 1.9km Vert. 150m
- MTB Direct PRO Stage (Sunday only and optional) – The well renowned “Downhill” at Mt Taylor will please. At the convergence with FOX track MAXXIS will break right, cross the road and hit the descent of “Southern Cross” to finish in the Event Hub. Length 2.1km Vert. 260m
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section.
Our event venue Mt Taylor is only 20 minutes drive from the NRMA Bairnsdale Riverside Holiday Park. The Holiday Park is offering Rocky Trail Racers and Visitors a 10% discount. To book online use the discount code “MTBT10” and via phone call 03 5152 4654 and quote “Mountain Bike Events 10%”. Please note that availability is for Powered & Unpowered Sites Only as their Cabins are already fully booked with by a water sports club from Thu 5 to Sun 8 October 2023.
Pre Event Shuttles
Looking to arrive early and get some laps in before Saturday racing? Local business Taylor Made Shuttles will be operating Fri arvo. Remember, no shuttles during racing.
Metung Hot Springs
Most likely the best pre- and/or post-race treat: Metung Hot Springs are offering participants, friends, and family a 20% discount on bathing and treatments at Metung Hot Springs. It’s 30 min East of Bairnsdale, right on the Lake. To receive the discount, please book via phone on 5141 2300 and mention ‘Rocky Trail’. The discount is valid for the Bathing Ridge pass at $45.00 or Renew at $90.00 (less 20%).
- Food, Coffee and cold drinks –
- Bike Support by Bairnsdale Bikes.
- Feeling sore or tight? Get in early and book a onsite session with Em from Mobile Osteo Services
- Insurance – FLIP coverage available for juniors and seniors
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Superflow® Race Format, full weekend of racing available. Timing chips active Saturday AND Sunday – you may spread your race runs across both days. This event additionally offers the PRO Stage on the Sunday.
Fox Superflow® Classic Format: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
Superflow® PRO Stage Format: 4 TIMED Tracks (ie, one additional track to the classic 3 stages), 5 runs, Fastest on each counts. You get the Pro Result in addition to the 3-stage classic format. More info & Pro Format FAQ’s here…
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer, plus an additional 4th Pro Track for this event (Sunday only).
- Racing is all weekend .
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total plus PRO (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
This weekend we want to remember Jigsaw Jump’s founder Sam Knight who passed away in late September. We’d like to share the GoFundMe Page set up in Sam’s memory to support his young family. If you can please help out – Sam has been a supporter of Rocky Trail for years and we will #senditforsam at Mt Taylor this weekend, that’s for sure. Find out more…
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Have you got your insurance sorted for the day? You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
We are currently restocking our merchandise t-shirt and jersey offering – still some sizes available, check with the event staff on the day!
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New Petrol blue colour range for 2023 : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20 *new colour available*
- Mudguards $25 *new designs available*
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.