Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Mt Joyce!
Welcome to Round 4 of the QLD Superflow 2023 season.
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
and a Special thanks to WeTheRiders QLD Season Sponsor
Important race info
Mt Joyce Mountain Bike Park is located a quick 15min drive from Beaudesert or Boonah. Be careful when using google maps. Access is from Wyaralong Dam Access Rd, Bromelton QLD 4285.
Note QLD Rowing are hosting a regatta both days and we anticipate heavy traffic between 5.30am until 8.30am along the dam road. Please allow sufficient travel time.
- Parking – Event Parking will be located above the dam wall. Look for the Orange signs and flags after driving across the causeway turn right into the service road until you reach the Event Hub. We have plenty of parking and space for marquees. Minimal shade available.
- Weather – Great winter racing conditions. Sunny skies low of 9 to mid 20’s
- Water – Limited supply – We suggest bringing sufficient personal water as the tracks are long, lots of climbing.
- Waste – Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site.
- Event Photos – Keen for a photo? STANS IS THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
- Camping – No onsite camping allowed but we have a fantastic group camping option available at Lillybrook reserve approx 20mins from the Hub. $10 pn Email email@example.com to secure your spot.
This weekend 3 Fox Superflow tracks are operating both days with the added PRO track on Sunday only.
- Fox – From the top enjoy the “Bovine Groove” This time we are stopping it at the first climb to save your legs for more runs… Length 1.4km Vert.140m
- Stan – From the same start as FOX hit the top of the “Big Bertha” before switching across to “Sargents” into the Secret Valley. Length 2.0km Vert. 200m
- Lazer – The LAZER stage starts on the back of the hill above the tunnel. Hit the descending section of “Tunnel Vision” and break out onto “Red Ant” before dropping onto the old “4X” track to finish with some jumps just below the event hub. Length 1.3km Vert 80m.
- MTB Direct PRO Stage (Sunday only) – The Pro Stage will run the “Widowmaker” down to the Secret Valley.
Length 1.3km Vert .210m
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section.
- Food, Coffee and cold drinks – Great news we have secured LifestyleLane coffee and cafe for both days. Burgers and snacks Saturday with Bacon n eggs plus pulled pork and gourmet hotdogs Sunday. Remember support the businesses that support our events.
- Bike Support– Last minute issues see Nick at Pedal Inn Garage to keep you on the tracks.
- Exhibitors – Check out the awesome displays by Shredding Trails and LifestyleLane. enter the draw on the day for some great prizes.
- Insurance – FLIP coverage available juniors and seniors
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Superflow® Race Format, full weekend of racing available . This event offers the PRO Stage on the Sunday in addition.
Fox Superflow® Classic Format: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
Superflow® PRO Stage Format: 4 TIMED Tracks (ie, one additional one to the 3 stages), 5 runs, Fastest on each counts. You get the Pro Result in addition to the 3-stage classic format. More info & Pro Format FAQ’s here…
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer, plus an additional 4th Pro Track for this event.
- Racing is all weekend .
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total plus PRO (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Have you got your insurance sorted for the day? You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
Event Photos – Keen for a photo? STANS IS THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New Petrol blue colour range for 2023 : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.