Welcome to the Jolly Nose Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s in the Greater Port Macquarie Region, supported by the Hastings Valley MTB Riders and Port Macquarie-Hastings Valley Council!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
- Virtual Rider Briefing
- Important race info
- General Race Information
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
About The Venue
Jolly Nose MTB Park at Queens Lake State Forest – Spring Creek Rd, Bonny Hills
Turn off Houston Mitchell Drive into Spring Creek Road and follow the signs; you’ll drive through a concrete water crossing and the main car park is straight ahead; you’ll see a turn-off sign to the overflow car park before you get to the main car park. Please note, the main “Wizard” car park and overflow area at Jolly Nose have patchy phone reception.
Check out the parking map online
Attention, regular #rockytrailracers at Jolly Nose – all three trails have had awesome work done by the local club. All are a bit longer and have more and bigger features. Be aware.
- FOX – Top to bottom “Rock and Roll” to finish at the Event Hub. Length 1.3km 100m vert.
Liaison: you ride back out on the fire road (Spring Creek Road) as if you were going towards the exit, past the concrete causeway and quite quickly turn right into Cpt 13/1 Trails (follow signs). Finish is at or very close to the event centre.
- STANS – “Morning Glory” in all its glory is the STANS track. Length 1.7km 150m vert.
Liaison: you ride along Spring Creek Road further along from the event centre and turn left into Cpt 13/11 Trail (this is the turn-off where the satellite event centre used to be – fingers crossed, we get results reception going in the main car park this year!). Finish is close to the entry point of the liaison stage.
- LAZER – LAZER track is “KO”. Would be “OK” except for the pedal in the middle. Length 2km 100m vert.
Liaison: keep going past the Stans Liaison entry along Spring Creek Road and turn into Camp Ridge Road. Finish is at intersection Cpt 10/2 Trail and Spring Creek Road.
Destination Guide – Plan your Trip!
We invite you to explore the beautiful Greater Port Macquarie Region while you’re in the area for our event – on and off the trails, it has so much to offer!
- Registration Tent with live timing, merch and race info
- Crofto Clothing Expo with $20 Discount Offer for all at Jolly Nose
- UPDATE SAT: Unfortunately no neutral bike support by Bike’n’Shocks due to illness; please chat to the Rocky Trail team in case of a mechanical; we organised some basic supplies and spares.
- Rola Vertical Bike Rack Demo – check out our Rocky Trailhead Tom Jenkins’ new rig!
- Redbull Tent and giveaways
- Mountain bike equipment displays and demos
- Music and live race updates
- Professional First Aid
- Water – we will have a 200L drinking water tank at the event centre
Food & Drinks
At Jolly Nose the locals serve up some seriously delicious food! This year you’ll be spoilt for choice:
- Beef Brisket Burger with Truffle Aioli, Smoked Tomato Sauce & Pickles
- Crispy Chicken Burger with Spiced Mango Chutney, Slaw and the iconic Sir Racha Hot Sauce
- The crew from The Bean Hut are onsite both serving hot and cold drinks and will provide breakfast and snacks on Saturday and Sunday
Random Draw Sponsor Prizes
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
What a cracker of a weekend lies ahead – sunny skies! Crisp mornings with lows of 8 deg. C and perfect riding and racing weather with highs of 19-20 deg C. expected.
Recycle – Reduce Waste
Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site.
Superflow® Race Format, pick Sat or Sun as race day.
Fox Superflow® Classic Format: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer.
- Racing is spread over 2 days, you choose what day you race.
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
Early registration will be available across the weekend.
- Saturday racers can collect race plates from 3pm Friday
- Sunday racers can collect race plates from 3pm Saturday.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Race Director & Main Emergency Contact – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
Event Director – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
Event Manager – Ian Mortenson
Event Officer – Mark Carpenter
Event Officer – Tim Butler
Timing Director – Martin Wisata 0403 090 952
Rider & Media Services – Juliane Wisata 0416 737 972
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events. Flip is pay-as-you-go accidental injury insurance that offers cover for a day, or a week. Schedule up to 12 months ahead. You can find some more information here:
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
Event Photos – Keen for a photo? The STAN’S track is the spot this weekend.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New Petrol blue colour range for 2023 : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.