Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Falls Creek MTB Park – the VIC Series Finale!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
check out the full rider briefing below;
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
We thank the Falls Creek Alpine Resort for their support and the and the Falls Creek Ski Lifts who endorse our event.
Important race info
First Things First
Falls Creek Mountain Bike Park, Bogong High Plains Road, Falls Creek VIC, Australia
- The Event Hub will be located in the Village Bowl, beside the Frying Pan Inn.
- Limited parking at Village Bowl near event hub, please park in Slalom Plaza, near Blue Dirt Shuttle Site or Gully Carpark and ride up to the Village Bowl.
- Please adhere to parking signage, do not park on grass or undesignated area as fines may be issued.
- Event format: Superflow® Alpine Race Format, two days of casual enduro with 3 stages per day including NEW TRAILS NEVER RACED = 6 stages in total!
- 3 race stages each day – There’s one race with uplift shuttles, there’s one race to ride uphill and you can pick which race you do on what day!
- This event will offer 2 VIC Series Rounds – the final events for 2023. 1 Round is shuttled, 1 Round is pedalled uplift – you pick the respective race day Sat/Sun for your rounds.
- Weather – The weather forecast has improved. Perfect riding temps with minimal showers. Low of 10c High of 21c.
- As always in an Alpine region, bring wet weather & cold weather gear (rain jackets, puffers, spare clothes for changing etc.).
- Water – Water available at the event hub
- Camping – no camping available at this venue. Please see our Rocky Trail Falls Creek Destination Guide for all the accommodation options available.
- Event Photos – Keen for a photo? CHECK WITH THE CREW FOR THE SPOT TO GRAB A PHOTO THIS WEEKEND
This weekend 6 Fox Superflow® tracks are operating , 2 VIC Rounds and you pick what day to do which Round.
ROUND 6 SHUTTLED (you pick Sat/Sun)
- MARZOCCHI – SKYLINE: Take advantage of racing this new track for the first time. The “Sky Line” track runs down Frying Pan Spur for over 4 kilometres and drops an amazing 330m.
- BOMBER – HEAVY METAL: Another new track that will be raced for the first time. The “Heavy Metal” starts at the Wishing Well at the end of the “Aqueduct” and drops to the lower “Flow Town” with 2 kilometres of flow and over 200m of drop.
- RACEFACE – THUNDERBOLT: Starting at the summit the “Thunder Bolt” is a fan favourite. Finishing on the “Aqueduct” just above the Event Hub at the Village Bowl. The track is 1.8km in length and drops 180m.
ROUND 7 PEDALLED (you pick Sat/Sun)
- FOX – BIG FELLA INTO SKILLS PARK: Starting at the summit this track is the full “Big Fella” finishing on the “Skills Park” at the Event Hub. 1.6km distance and drops 190m of vert.
- STAN’S – GENERATOR: Starting at the Monkey Bar ski patrol base this track is the “Generator” descent and finished on the “Wombat” ski run. 1.2km length and drops 90m vert.
- LAZER – VORTEX: Starting just below the Pretty Valley Road the “Vortex” is fun and flowy. The track finishes just above the Slalom Plaza, the centre of the village. 1.5km in length and has 125m vert.
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section.
- Food, Coffee: Frying Pan Inn located at the event hub will be open from 7.30am until 6pm. Great coffee and cafe treats for the early start before lunch menu 12pm – 4pm.
- Join the crew for a special Bright Brewery Bar Shout session on Saturday arvo 4pm-6pm. Major prize giveaways on offer.
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Superflow® Race Format
Alpine Racing Format. Two VIC Rounds. 6 stages overall, 3 stages each day. Timing chips are active Saturday AND Sunday.
Fox Superflow® racing: 6 TIMED TRACKS, 3 RACE STAGES PER DAY, 5 RUNS ON EACH, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
REMEMBER, one round is shuttled, one round is pedalled. – Click to see Track Guide for info.
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, that’s up to 30 race runs in total.
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
- 0730 – 1500 Registration open
- 0800 – 0845 Tracks swept (RTE crew)
- 0900 – 1530 – Fox Superflow® Racing
- Round 6 (shuttled) – Skyline, Heavy Metal, Thunderbolt
- Round 7 (pedalled) – Big Fella into Skills Park, Generator, Vortex
- 1630 – 1800 Sunset Session – Frying Pan Inn
- Social gathering with awesome tunes as the sun sets! For riders and supporters to catch up on all the highlights of the day with great food and a drink or two.
- Bright Brewery Bar Shout at the Frying Pan Inn – After racing, head into the Pan for a pot of cold Bright Brewery beer on us while swapping adventure stories with your mates. From 4pm until the tab runs dry!
- ROLA – Rack the bike countdown
- Jigsaw Jump – 500 subscriber draw – giveaway of one Jigsaw Jump
- 0730 – 1000 Registrations open
- 0800 – 0845 Tracks swept
- 0900 – 1530 – Fox Superflow® Racing
- Round 6 (shuttled) – Skyline down Frying Pan Spur, Heavy Metal via Wishing Well Link, Thunderbolt
- Round 7 (pedalled) – Big Fella into Skills Park, Generator, Vortex
- 1545 – 1630 Presentations Village Bowl at the RTE marquee (results from both days are compiled for each round) plus the VIC series winners announced.
Plan your trip – Destination Guide
The world-class Falls Creek Mountain Bike Park offers more than 40km of gravity and flow in the Victorian High Country – “Race the way you Ride” with Rocky Trail not only on those classic Falls Creek but on their brand-new trails
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Have you got your insurance sorted for the day? You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
This is the QLD Series Finale – check out the awesome we have for First, Second and Third in the Series Points Score. Two and more races count towards the score and the trophy package includes (1) a customised Dirtsurfer Mudguard (example from QLD below) and (2) and a matching custom Rocky Trail Race Plate with an active timing chip, ready to be raced. Your personal number is reserved for you and you can race with this race plate – see you at the start line in 2024!
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
We are currently restocking our merchandise t-shirt and jersey offering – still some sizes available, check with the event staff on the day!
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco $75-$85, $55 for junior sizes
- New Rocky Trail Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $20
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.