Welcome to the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Eastern Escarpment in Brisbane!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at email@example.com (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
About The Venue
This year the Event Hub will be located within the Karingal Scout Park which allows for amply room for parking and setting up marquees for ALL. Access is via Mount Cotton Road turning into Karingal Road. Follow all the way to the end of the road into the Scout Park entry gate and then follow the Orange signs to the activity area known as Robs Kitchen – approx 1km into the park and located on the boundary line of Mt Cotton trail network, approx 300 mtr below the finish of all the tracks.. This will be the location of REGO, Food, Coffee, Toilets, and Music.
With the volume of participants attending this weekend the Scout Park provides more parking and safety for riders. We do not recommend parking on West Mount Cotton Road.
This weekend 3 Fox Superflow tracks are operating both days with the added PRO track on Sunday only.
Click below for race map and track descriptions:
If you’re new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section. From now on, this is where we will drop all the race-specific info and we’ll be sending a reminder out via this Rider Briefing ahead of the race too. Don’t forget support the businesses that support our events – We The Riders, Groupset Coffee, Dapper & Chic Food, Defence Service Australia and EagleFarm Expresso.
Destination Guide – Plan your Trip!
Make this a weekend a camping getaway. Stay on site at the Event Hub. Camping fees will be collected by the Rocky Trail crew – $15 pp per night. Check with RTE crew before setting up you camp site.
Event Expo – see Event Services Tab
- Welcome to our new QLD Sponsor – We the Riders – thanks for their support 24 lucky riders got a discount season pass and will receive some cool merch items to celebrate being part of the series. Look out for their limited edition personalised race plates this weekend.
- To celebrate the start of the QLD Fox Superflow season – We the Riders is offering 15% discount to all the Rocky Trail racers this weekend. Be quick and grab a bargain online – ROCKYTRAIL15
- Mt Cotton Riders Alliance crew will be onsite and racing. Stop and say hi and see how you can get involved into the club and trails.
- Defence Force Recruitment will be setup and supporting their riders at our events. Looking for a new career or just about to leave school. Check out the info how you can get involved.
- A career in the Australian Defence Force will prepare you to lead and bring out your best qualities. There are over 200 roles available, all offering world-class training, free healthcare, and a competitive salary. Plus, you’ll make life-long friendships and have a chance to see the world. Visit us at the Defence Force Recruiting marquee in the event site to learn more.
Look out for the Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend. To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Perfect racing conditions for the weekend – Mid 20s both days
Recycle – Reduce Waste
Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site.
Superflow® Race Format, pick Sat or Sun as race day. This event offers the PRO Stage on the Sunday in addition.
Fox Superflow® Classic Format: 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
Superflow® PRO Stage Format: 4 TIMED Tracks (ie, one additional one to the 3 stages), 5 runs, Fastest on each counts. You get the Pro Result in addition to the 3-stage classic format. More info & Pro Format FAQ’s here…
REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer, plus an additional 4th Pro Track for this event.
- Racing is spread over 2 days, you choose what day you race.
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
Early registration will be available across the weekend.
- Saturday racers can collect race plates from 3pm Friday
- Sunday racers can collect race plates from 3pm Saturday.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines.
Race Director – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
Event Director – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
Rider List And Live Results
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend
We always announce any major updates mainly via the Facebook event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
Event Photos – Keen for a photo the FOX track is the spot this weekend.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New Petrol blue colour range for 2023 : Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.