Welcome to the Cooma Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s in the Snowy Mountains, supported by the Snowy Monaro Shire Council!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at email@example.com (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
Attention: Check out the Track Guide – slight track changes overnight incl. full Gladiator track now used for the Lazer race track!
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
Address: Mount Gladstone MTB Park, Cooma NSW 2630 – Situated a short 10min drive from Cooma town centre, the event hub is located at the bottom of the Mt Gladstone trails. Click here for Directions
How to get there: Turn into Greendale Road from Snowy Mountain Hwy and follow the orange signs to the carparking area. Parking will be split into 2wd parking and 4wd parking areas.
Parking: Check out the parking map online
Camping: no camping available at this venue.
NOTE – The local club has requested all riders not shortcut the switchbacks on the liaison climbing track. Please follow the signs and do not cross bunting.
Superflow® Classic Race Format: Pick Sat or Sun as race day.
- 3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
- REMEMBER NO VEHICLE OR TOW SHUTTLES ALLOWED.
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer.
- Registration from 7:30am to 1pm.
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing.
- You choose what day you race. Results are collated and final on Sunday after 3:30pm.
- You choose what order you ride the stages in.
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, that’s up to 15 race runs in total (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates.
- Return to the race village at any time for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs.
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
New: GASGAS Electroflow™
Awesome to have GASGAS on board for our Electroflow™ eBike-specific classification! These bikes have just hit the Australian market – they have Spanish roots and are part of the Austrian-based Pierer Mobility Group (which Rocky Trail’s Austro-Australian Founders secretly love!), where the technology that goes into the big line-up of models benefits of the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility right in the heart of Europe.
These bikes are a bit CHEEKY, they’re all about FUN, ROOSTING, they’re ready shred and ROCK – we reckon they’ll fit right into our Rocky Trail community vibe, literally boosting the GASGAS Electroflow™ into its next chapter of the Superflow® history.
You’ll be able to demo and test ride these awesome bikes at MANY events across NSW, VIC, QLD and the ACT, of course! Let’s go!
Early registration will be available across the weekend.
- Click here for Race Guide
- Click here for FAQ’s
- Click here for Race Rules
- Click here for eBike Policy – All eBike riders will need to sign the physical waiver at registration to confirm compliance
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- Prizes – Podium Gift Vouchers by MTB DIRECT for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in each category will be emailed AFTER the weekend. Gift vouchers can be redeemed on MTB Direct’s extensive range of mountain biking gear and accessories.
- New in 2024: MTB Direct Spirit Award Winner – one rider per race will be selected by the Rocky Trail panel based on merit, including determination, grit, endurance and engagement. The Spirit Award Winner will receive a MTB Direct Gift Card.
Destination Guide – Plan your Trip!
Our event venue at Mt Gladstone MTB Park is only a 40min drive from the NRMA Jindabyne Holiday Park and from there it’s less than half an hour to Thredbo.
- Address: 6 Kosciuszko Rd, Jindabyne, NSW 2627
- The Holiday Park is offering Rocky Trail Racers and Visitors a 10% discount from 02-04 February 2024.
- To book, call or email the NRMA Jindabyne Holiday Park directly and quote the Reservation #58145. Click here for contact details.
What’s On & More to do:
We invite you to explore the beautiful Snowy Mountains Region while you’re in the area for our event – Cooma and surrounds has so much to offer!
- The Crofto team will have an awesome range of MTB clothing on show and to buy! They’re offering a deal of $20 discount at min spend of $80 AUD.
- Registration Tent with live timing, merch and race info
- Giveaways and prize draws
- Mountain bike equipment displays and demonstrations
- Music and live race updates
- Professional First Aid
- Mechanicals – all local and mobile bike shops are super busy this weekend; if you need simple spares, we have some available or purchase from the rego tent (e.g. tubes, tyres). We also have the basic tools that you can borrow. For bigger mishaps, we made sure that the local bikes hop Rhythm Sports is open:
- Address: 8 Sharp St, Cooma NSW 2630, Phone (02) 6452 2303
- Their opening hours for the weekend are: Fri: 9am – 7pm and Sat+Sun: 9 am – 4pm
- Random Draw sponsor prize winners across the weekend: To find out if you are winner, check your online results during the day and collect your prize. Note – All prizes need to be collected at the event otherwise the prize is forfeited.
Food & Drinks:
- Water – Bring your own supplies, we expect a hot weekend; we will have emergency supplies on-hand at the start and in the event centre, plus Birchwood Cafe will serve drinks:
- We’re excited that the Birchwood Cafe from Jindabyne will be at Mt Gladstone with us, providing beautiful food and drinks – and the best thing, the owners are mountain bikers like all of us! Here’s the menu:
- Sandwiches, toasted sandwiches, lunch packs, and sweet treats
slices, muffins, and banana bread on offer to order on the day as well and these will be a mix of regular and gluten free, possibly a vegan/gf option too.
hot drinks & coffee options, plus have ice for cold coffee, bottled water, soft drinks and a powerade and fresh lemonade in big glass drink dispensers to have it on tap.
- Optional: You can even pre-order your food online, click on the online pre-sell offers for sandwiches and lunch packs NOW!
For online pre-orders, the cut off time is on Thursday midnight. Add your product to the cart and you will be asked to pick Saturday or Sunday for the “pick-up” at the Event Centre, ie your race day.
Cool mornings and warm weather conditions in the afternoon – drink plenty of fluids and don’t forget your sunscreen! It will be mostly sunny. Temperatures 9-13 deg C in the mornings, highs of 30+ during the day.
Recycle – Reduce Waste
Rocky Trail is committed to reduce land waste from events. We ask all participants to take home your waste and sort into your household bins. Limited bins will be on site. Please sort rubbish into the waste bins and recycle bins. All Rocky Trail Events are Nature Tourism Eco-Certified. Find out more…
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! After the event we will provide links for you to access content from the race. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New light and dark blue colour range for 2024 : Rocky Trail Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $20
- Mudguards $25
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on the way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!