Welcome to the 2023 Season Opener for the Fox Superflow® sealed by Stan’s at Awaba MTB Park in Olney State Forest near Newcastle NSW!
This is your Rider Briefing for the event – check out the Virtual Rider Briefing from our Events Team and scroll down for important race-specific info. You will find links to all the important details and if you have any questions, always email us at email@example.com (or click on the messaging button on your screen) and always happy to chat at rego too!
Virtual Rider Briefing
- Virtual Rider Briefing
- Event Hosts & Sponsors
- Important race info
- About The Venue
- Race Format
- Race Guide
- General Race Information
- Rider List And Live Results:
- Event Updates During The Race/Weekend:
- Event Photos:
- #ROCKYTRAILRACER #FOXSUPERFLOW
- Volunteers Welcome
- Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
- Any questions?
Event Hosts & Sponsors
We would like to thank our venue hosts for their support:
THESE EPIC PARTNERS MAKE SUPERFLOW® POSSIBLE:
Important race info
About The Venue
We are racing at Awaba MTB Park in Olney State Forest, the home trails of the Hunter MTB Association.
Click below for race map and track descriptions:
If you new to Rocky Trail and Fox Superflow® racing – welcome – and if you are one of our seasoned #rockytrailracers, thrilled to have you at the start line! We launched a brand-new website for the Fox Superflow® and it has all the important info in a new Venue Guide Section. From now on, this is where we will drop all the race-specific info and we’ll be sending a reminder out via this Rider Briefing ahead of the race too:
Important: Neutral transition via Mt Faulk Road
One of our transition/neutral rides is along Mt Faulk Road. You ascend to the Fox Start on this public road, which is currently closed past the Awaba MTB Park entry, because it was affected by a landslide last year. You will ride up on Mt Faulk Road and you will be directed off the road to avoid the landslide section. You MUST obey Rocky Trail signage, which will guide you to the race track start via a trail through the bush. This year, this is our only option to access the top trails – from the road you push up a short section to then ride to the start on singletrail. Riders who are caught or reported ignoring the signs will risk qualification. Rocky Trail marshalls will patrol the area.
Event Expo – see Event Services Tab
We’re super excited to have the following Event partners showcasing their amazing products and services:
- The crew from Fox Factory Australia will be set up and ready to help. On offer Fox Fork Lower leg service for $69 including parts – please see them when you there right away to book in your service on-site. In progress – the team is working on an online portal, so that for future events that they are attending, you can book your service ahead of the race online to reserve your spot.
- Last minute bike issues? The team from Bikes n Spokes are here to help.
- Ripclear will be on site Saturday – checkout the range of goggle protection and glasses
- Huge shout-out to Crofto Clothing who are giving away 3x $100 vouchers across the weekend! Winners will be announced on Race Day and we’ll get in touch with them via text or email to arrange pick up of the vouchers from the rego tent.
We expect hot race days, please bring plenty of water and we will have emergency rations in the event center too. Later afternoon showers are possible, which we don’t expect to impact the racing action.
Superflow® Race Format
3 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
- At EVERY RACE we are offer 3 epic, gravity enduro stages called Fox, Stans & Lazer
- Racing is spread over 2 days, you choose what day you race
- Racing starts at 9:00 am and you have till 3:30 pm to complete a minimum of 1 run per track to get a placing
- You choose what order you ride the stages in
- Ride each stage up to 5 times each, thats up to 15 race runs in total (if you have the legs!)
- Stages are an average of 2-3 minutes long, with untimed liaisons so take your time and chat with your mates
- Return to the race village at anytime for food, support or to rest!
- Technical assistance is permitted anywhere outside of your race runs
- The fastest time on each race track gets added up to the final result across skill and age group classifications.
- More info here.
Superflow® + Sunday PRO Stage
4 TIMED TRACKS, 5 RUNS, FASTEST ON EACH COUNTS!
- For this Season and at selected venues across all States and the ACT there will be an additional – technically more challenging – 4th PRO STAGE on the Sunday with full face requirement for Elites, U21 and Masters!
- This race offers the Pro-Stage classification, this means:
- You will get a 3-stage Superflow® in your age group
- You will get an ADDITIONAL 4-stage Pro Stage Result, this is available on the Sunday only. If you with to do the Pro Stage you select Sunday as your race day.
- Pro Stage requires a full face helmet.
- More info here.
Registration from 7:30am to 1pm and racing starts at 9am. You can clock in times until 3:30pm – check the schedule tab in the Race Guide on the event website for more details. Scroll past the Venue Guide on the website and you will find detailed info on the Race Format and Additional Guidelines:
Race Director – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
Event Director – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
Event Manager – Martin Wisata 0403 090 952
Event Manager – Juliane Wisata 0416 737 972
General Race Information
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail cross-country events; you can find some more information here:
Rider List And Live Results:
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event Updates During The Race/Weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Now Get Ready! See you at the start line!
Listen to Rocky Trail vibes to get ready or on they way to the race and connect with fellow #rockytrailracers via our FB Group!
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
See you soon.