With the Fox Superflow® gravity enduro race, Rocky Trail Entertainment is bringing Australia’s fastest growing gravity enduro mountain bike racing formats to Falls Creek on the 9+10 December weekend. Over 300 competitors will compete in the the 2-day event with six race stages showcasing the trail network at Falls Creek.
The world-class Falls Creek Mountain Bike Park offers more than 40km of gravity and flow in the Victorian High Country. On the Fox Superflow® the motto is “Race the way you Ride” with Rocky Trail’s super social race format. The weekend will feature not only on those classic Falls Creek tracks, but for the first time in a race will include their brand-new trails, which opened this summer!
The Fox Superflow® Series was established by Rocky Trail Entertainment in 2012 and has evolved into the biggest gravity enduro series in Australia. The events this year have spanned along the East Coast with Rockhampton the northernmost hosting venue and the Gippsland and Melbourne Regions as well as the VIC Alpine High Country being the growing region in the South. Over 6,000 race starts were recorded by 4,000 individual starters. This event format provides a strong social component, with riders being able to take their time during the transition to the next downhill racing section. The event has been designed specifically to engage families, groups of friends and couples, encompassing different ages, abilities and riding preferences. 30%+ of the racing field are juniors under 17 years of age; huge uptake in 40+ (another third of the field) and 10-15% eBikers.
This is the first time that the Fox Superflow® is going to be held in Falls Creek and the event will mark the final round of the VIC Series for Rocky Trail, with competitors hitting the brand-new trails at Falls Creek for the first time at race pace.
Rocky Trail’s Juliane Wisata explains that a special “Alpine Format” had been developed for the Victorian High Country trail networks, which featured shuttled and riding uplifts,
” At Falls Creek we are hosting the two final Victorian Series Races of our Fox Superflow®. There’s one race with uplift shuttles, there’s one race to ride uphill and our riders can pick which race you do on what day!”
The race includes six LIVE timed racing sections, as well as untimed, transition sections, which all need to be completed as part of the one race event. The event courses were picked to appeal to a range of performance levels, allowing for new riders to take part and experience the event, whilst also appealing to elite racers. The competitors can look forward to super-fast, challenging and rocky tracks at Falls Creek. The tracks showcased on the weekend will be:
- Marzocchi – Skyline, Frying Pan Spur (shuttled): Take advantage of racing this new track for the first time. The “Sky Line” track runs down Frying Pan Spur for over 4 kilometres and drops an amazing 330m.
- Bomber – Heavy Metal, Wishing Well, Aqueduct, Flow Town (shuttled): Another new track that will be raced for the first time. The “Heavy Metal” track links the Wishing Well at the end of the “Aqueduct” to lower “Flow Town” with 2 kilometres of flow and over 200m of drop.
- Raceface – Thunderbolt, Acqueduct (shuttled): Starting at the summit the “Thunder Bolt” is a fan favourite. Finishing on the “Aqueduct” just above the Event Hub at the Village Bowl. The track is 1.8km in length and drops 180m.
- Fox – Big Fella into Skills Park (liaison ride): Starting at the summit this track is the full “Big Fella” finishing on the “Skills Park” at the Event Hub. 1.6km distance and drops 190m of vert.
- Stan’s – Generator, Wombat (liaison ride): Starting at the Monkey Bar ski patrol base this track is the “Generator” descent and finished on the “Wombat” ski run. 1.2km length and drops 90m vert.
- Lazer – Vortex (liaison ride): Starting just below the Pretty Valley Road the “Vortex” is fun and flowy. The track finishes just above the Slalom Plaza, the centre of the village. 1.5km in length and has 125m vert.
Wisata added that it was about dropping in with riding buddies on each other’s tyre or leave a space to pin. Without strict start orders or time cut-offs, it was all about doing party trains, railing berms and “sending it”.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming our Rocky Trail Racers at Falls Creek for an awesome day out to hunt down those precious seconds on the race stages!”
For any media inquiries or interview opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via email to email@example.com – attn.: Marketing Director Juliane Wisata or call 0416 737 972.